An universal bank has decided to outsource the securities division to a specialized bank. The objective of a subproject was to identify relevant issues for the finance division within the scope of this outsourcing, to structure, to define and to draft corresponding alternative solutions. The planning for the implementation of these topics had to be carried out.
- Analysis and description of implications for finance
- Providing an overview of the processes which require adjustments or, as the case may be, which can be further optimized through the project
- Preparing a list of requirements from finance relating to the outsourcing project
- Defining the fundamental solution architecture or scenarios („big picture“)
- Coordination of overall market & master data requirements
- Setting time schedules, task & milestone plans for the tasks allocated to finance, taking into account any projects running in parallel
- Coordination of milestones and interdependencies within the overall project
- Determining resource requirements for an implementation project in finance
- Identify and evaluate potential risks for finance and preparation of a list of measures to minimize risks
- Clarification of basic SLA requirements from the perspective of finance
Through systematic project management, the overall project was implemented on time. Additional measures were identified and planned for optimizing processes, the system architecture, data quality and reporting.